You must be comfortable making calls, working with channel partners, generating quotes, submittal drawings and closing sales. Understand customer needs and requirements and track record of quotes. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and develop new quotes, products and concepts; oversee the development.
- Transforms initial rough product designs into computer aided design (CAD) developing 2D submittal drawings.
- Create drawings and models from written and verbal specifications obtained from customers and others.
- Provides detailed drawings for engineering department.
- Work with marketing, sales, engineering, shop, and vendors, providing product specifications.
- Perform root cause analysis and work towards resolutions.
- Evaluate raw cost and pricing.
- Participate in test runs or field installations. (minimal)
- Travels (minimal)
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus 1-year related experience and./or training.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Able to create 2-D or 3-D designs using AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
- Able to provide leadership or mentorship among team members; provide support and encourages collaboration.
Quality of Work
Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way.
Attention to Detail
Must possess resourcefulness, initiative and skill to function in a fast-paced environment; attention to detail in goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism and the ability to interact effectively with others. ability to meet planned and unscheduled deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Lift up to 50lbs.