Seeking individual to join our sales team. The estimator must be comfortable making calls, working with channel partners, generating quotes, submittal drawings and closing sales, and entering orders based on quotes. Understand customer needs and requirements and track record of quotes. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and develop new quotes, products and concepts; oversee the development.
- Transforms initial rough product designs into computer aided design (CAD) developing 2D or 3D submittal drawings.
- Create drawings and models from written and verbal specifications obtained from customers and others.
- Provides detailed drawings for designing/engineering department.
- Work with marketing, sales, engineering, shop, and vendors, providing product specifications.
- Perform root cause analysis and work towards resolutions.
- Evaluate raw cost and pricing.
- Participate in test runs or field installations. (minimum)
- Travels (minimum)
- Perform other office duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, 1 plus years related experience and./or training.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Able to create 2-D or 3-D designs using AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
- Able to provide leadership or mentorship among team members; provide support and encourages collaboration.
Quality of Work
Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way. Able to demonstrate ownership and pride of improvements and eager to grow. Comfortable making calls, working with channel partners
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and demonstrate initiative to grow the department with improvements or solutions.
Attention to Detail
Must possess resourcefulness, initiative and skill to function in a fast-paced environment; attention to detail in goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism and the ability to interact effectively with others. ability to meet planned and unscheduled deadlines in a timely manner.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Lift up to 50lbs.