Operator to produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies, support & assist our fabrication department, and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads steel plate stock on the burning table.
- Support and assist fabrication department.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures. Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Determine the appropriate equipment or method based on requirements to cut, bend, roll, etc.
- Download programs for parts burning/cutting.
- Utilize proper tips, torch spacing, fuel setting, and material utilization.
- Use a gantry-style thermal cutting machine capable of plasma.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample workpieces, adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing, and cutting, including taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, shears, rolls, etc.).
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Plans by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine the amount available.
- Acquire and perfect enough “know-how” to service your own tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Machining: 1 year (Required)
- CNC: 2 years (Required)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way. Follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors gauges and processes; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains documents and records. Goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism and the ability to interact effectively with others; ability to meet planned and unscheduled deadlines in a timely manner.
This is a working manufacturing and production facility. As such this is a hot, dusty, loud area, and there are always moving parts. Caution and attention to your surroundings need to always be at the forefront of your mind as safety always starts with you.
Less than 5%
Attention to Detail
Follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors gauges and processes; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains documents and records. Goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism and the ability to interact effectively with others; ability to meet planned and unscheduled deadlines in a timely manner.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the job requirements. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. inExhaust reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.