Seeking an individual to join our Insulation-fabrication department. Must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment while following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will create a layout from blueprints to accurately measure and cut non-asbestos hard-packed high-temperature rated fiber insulation for covering surfaces, read measurements from the print layout. This individual must have strong hands and be able to sew pieces together and follow directions with high attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate equipment or method based on requirements to cut, bend, roll, sew, clamp, etc.
- Set up components according to specifications (e.g., cut material with hand tool style equipment to match measurements – plans are coming to start implementing technology to assist in this in 2022).
- Cut hard-packed high temperature rated fiber insulation and other material to match the print.
- Operate sewing machine, scissors, knives, etc.
- Align components using rulers etc., and clamp pieces for sewing.
- Maintain and operate equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year related experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (sewing machine, scissors, plotter, knives, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing and other equipment (face-shield, gloves, coverall, etc.).
- Deftness and attention to detail.
This is a working manufacturing and production facility. As such this is a hot, dusty, loud area, and there are always moving parts. Caution and attention to your surroundings need to always be at the forefront of your mind as safety always starts with you.
Less than 5% per year.
Attention to Detail
Must possess resourcefulness, initiative, and skill to function in a fast-paced environment; attention to detail in goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism, and the ability to interact effectively with others.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The above statements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the job requirements. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. inExhaust reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.