We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to order supplies and equipment based on our company’s needs. Purchasing Assistant responsibilities include researching new vendors, tracking deliveries, and updating order records (e.g., dates, invoices, and discounts.) Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Research potential vendors.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts).
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends.
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices.
- Prepare cost analyses.
- Maintain updated records of invoices, vendors, and contracts.
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders.
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive and are in good condition.
Education and Experience
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant or similar role.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Knowledge of market research.
- Solid organizational skills.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-year related experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This person also needs to be able to work at a fast pace either as a member of a group or on independent responsibilities.
Office and trips to the production and manufacturing plant. This is a working manufacturing and production facility. As such this is a hot, dusty, loud area, and there are always moving parts. Caution and attention to your surroundings need to always be at the forefront of your mind as safety always starts with you.
No greater than 5% in a year.
Attention to Detail
Must possess resourcefulness, initiative, and the skill to function in a fast-paced environment; attention to detail in goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism, and the ability to interact effectively with others.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The above statements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the job requirements. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. inExhaust reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.