The Shipping/Receiving Clerk performs clerical and physical tasks in connection with shipping goods of the establishment in which employed and receiving incoming shipments. Duties may include Hazmat operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shipping duties typically involve the following: building skids; painting parts; verifying that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for shipment against documents; ensuring that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles, and preparing and keeping records of goods shipped, e.g., manifests, bills of lading.
- Receiving duties typically involve the following: verifying the correctness of incoming shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading, invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records, checking for damaged goods, ensuring those goods are appropriately identified for routing to departments within the establishment, and preparing and keeping records of goods received.
- Will be performing day-to-day, routine tasks, while following established guidelines.
- In handling unusual non-routine problems, this worker receives specific guidance from their supervisor or others.
- This incumbent may direct and coordinate the activities of other workers engaged in handling goods to be shipped or being received.
- Utilize office equipment such as photocopiers, printers, etc., and computers for word processing, excel spreadsheet creation, emails, etc.
- Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year related experience and/or training
- Ability to operate a forklift.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Must read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to operate a forklift.
This is a working manufacturing and production facility. As such this is a hot, dusty, loud area, and there are always moving parts. Caution and attention to your surroundings need to always be at the forefront of your mind as safety always starts with you.
Less than 5% per year.
Attention to Detail
Must possess resourcefulness, initiative, and skill to function in a fast-paced environment; attention to detail in goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism, and the ability to interact effectively with others.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The above statements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the job requirements. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. inExhaust reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.