A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metals and their properties is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g., cut material with powered saws to match measurements).
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Align components using calipers, rulers, etc., and clamp pieces.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead).
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws.
- Maintain and operate equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Touch, cut, and handle fiberglass insulation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year related experience and/or training
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Proven experience as welder.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MIG, etc.).
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves, etc.).
- Deftness and attention to detail.
This is a working manufacturing and production facility. As such this is a hot, dusty, loud area, and there are always moving parts. Caution and attention to your surroundings need to always be at the forefront of your mind as safety always starts with you.
Less than 5% per year.
Attention to Detail
Must possess resourcefulness, initiative, and skill to function in a fast-paced environment; attention to detail in goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision; professionalism, and the ability to interact effectively with others.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the job requirements. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. inExhaust reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.